Friday, September 19, 2008

Do You Hulu?


This afternoon, as I waited in line after one of my weekly Duane Reade excursions, I came across one of the deadly "front-of-the-store displays." You know, they usually have magazines, candy or "other things that you didn’t know you needed, but now that I’m here, I’m like s*** I do need tweezers" (my apologies, but my roommate quotes Dane Cook every other second and now she’s got me doing it too). Let it be known, I don’t think he’s hilarious, but he has his moments…

But I digress. The point of this story was that I had been in the mood for a creepy scary, thriller, Sci-Fi movie to watch and there at the display were 15 or so said films at a discounted price of 2 for $10. I grappled with the pros and cons of purchasing them. On the one hand, they had a few titles that I’d been dying to see and since I left all of my DVDs at home (brilliant!) I did really want some entertainment. On the other hand, I didn’t need them and in the end left the store with my applesauce and tortilla chips and no scary DVDs.

Cut to later on in the evening. I’m watching some clips on Hulu.com and notice that they’ve got a movies section. I assumed that the options would be limited, but no. They had tons of titles, including “When A Stranger Calls,” which I almost purchased earlier on in the day (don’t judge me!).

The moral of the story, don’t spend unnecessarily, even in the event of a sale because there just might be a cheaper option. In this case cheaper meant free, but you get the point.

Amount saved today $10 + tax


Photo: weblogs.newsday.com

No comments: